The State of Texas requires that you receive 10 hours of training, including range time and testing (4 hours for renewals). We believe we pack more useful information into that 10 hours than the other guys! You'll be treated to a professionally prepared multimedia presentation, complete with video, photos and graphics. Discussion and questions are always encouraged.
Your CHL class fee includes:
- 8 hours of classroom instruction in a comfortable classroom
- Written exam, and Range Qualification at an air conditioned indoor range
- CHL Target
Your CHL class fee does NOT include:
- Ammo for qualification test (you will need a minimum of 50 rds, you may purchase from us at www.houstongunsales.com) or from us before we go to the range.
- Beginner Handgun Instruction - If you cannot safely load, unload, and operate a handgun please learn to do so from a qualified instructor before coming to class.
- Online application completion with the DPS. Packets and Notary services are no longer required - Application is online through the DPS.
- Finger Prints are now handled electronically through DPS, and you will need to get 2 Color passport photos as well.
You'll need to complete the Online CHL Application with the State of Texas before submitting your paperwork to the state. This may be done before or after your class. Fingerprints are scheduled during the Online CHL Application process.
See our Class Schedule to register.
Don't have a gun?
If you don't have a gun to use in your CHL class, we'll rent you one for only $20.00. Ammo must be purchased seperately. Just check "Gun Rental" when you register for any class. If you decide to buy the rental, we will gladly apply the $10 rental fee to the cost of the gun!
Note: Prices do not include licensing fees paid directly to the State of Texas.
Unfortunately, we cannot refund your class fee if you do not pass.
Due to the obvious dangers present in this business, HoustonGunClass.com reserves the right to refuse training or qualification to anyone for any reason.
We recommend you bring the following items:
* Handgun - Semi-auto handgun or revolver, .32 or larger in a bag or case.
* NO WEAPONS IN THE CLASSROOM
* Hearing Protection - Ear Muff Style
* Eye Protection - Safety glasses or shatter-proof prescription lenses are required.
* If you do not bring adequate safety equipment we cannot allow you to complete the range qualification.
* At least 50 rounds of ammunition (BRASS CASE AMMO ONLY - NO STEEL CASE). Ammo may be purchased at www.houstongunsales.com .
* NO WEAPONS will be allowed in the classroom. Firearms will be brought into the range when we qualify in the afternoon.
* Texas Driver License
* Non-U.S. citizens must provide documentation to confirm legal alien residence status.
* Legal Pad or Notebook
* Black Ballpoint Pen
You will have 1 hour for lunch and several short breaks during the day.
Please notify us in advance of any medical conditions or physical challenges that might effect your ability to take this course. We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate you provided we are given adequate notice.